IT asset recycling needs to be properly understood in order to make it easier to introduce to your organization as a “best practice.” IT asset management can be one of the most important parts of an organization’s overall strategy and provides up-to-date information to reduce risks and costs.
Rest assured that by applying the principles of IT asset management and focusing on the beneficial role of recycling in this process, your equipment will never end up in a landfill or incinerated. In addition, you’ll receive the maximum return on your investment from retired assets that still hold value. Choosing the right IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) provider for this job will not only ensure that you are environmentally friendly, but can also add to your company’s bottom line.
Is their value remaining in your IT investments?
IT asset recycling is a structured approach in which IT assets are procured, deployed, transported, managed, and tracked down as part of an organized process. In addition to many reasons, the most important is to keep your bottom line from being hurt by poor asset management practices. If you can reuse an asset, why would you want to destroy it? A laptop can still be of value to someone else even if you want the latest and greatest version.
Instead, you can profit from recycling your IT assets. Through a fully compliant, trackable, secure, and fully accountable process, you can recoup a portion of what you invested in these assets. At OceanTech any asset that still holds value will be sanitized of all data, reset to factory default settings and returned to grade-A condition to guarantee the best possible return on your investment. In addition, the better organized this process is, the larger the percentage of the initial investment that can be recovered.
Finding the right partner or service provider is one of the key requirements for doing this. Consequently, it’s a good idea to start out with a clear understanding of the IT asset recycling process.
What Does the IT Recycling Process Entail?
- Asset collection is the first step in the IT asset recycling process. It consists of the physical collection of IT devices at designated checkpoints for this purpose, or as part of a dedicated recycling program. These are the places at which your retired IT assets will be separated in bulk by their type so as to streamline the entire recycling process.
- Asset storage is the second step and is essential for the security segment of the process. Controlling access, using, and protecting data is greatly dependent on how data is stored. When business. Information is. Properly collected, managed and disposed of at the end of its life cycle, it reduces the. Risk of theft, security breaches and physical damage, while aiding business intelligence and operations. In order to prevent negative environmental impacts or contamination risks, adequate storage is imperative.
- Asset sorting involves the separation of individual physical and mechanical components from various devices and systems. For easier. Sorting of. The resulting. Material, some. Assets can. Be. Shredded. Into tiny pieces.
- Separation of assets involves more specialized processes such as mechanical, magnetic, and water separation.
- Asset Recovery. Once. IT assets. Undergo all. Of the. Above stages. The results. Electronic waste. Is. Sent. To the recycling facilities. At which. Time is valuable. Resources such as. As precious. Metals will. Be. Extracted. From the assets.
IT assets have a finite period of use. To maximize. The value. An organization. Can generate. From them. The IT asset. Life cycle. Should be. Proactively managed. Each organization may define unique stages of that life cycle, but they generally include planning, procurement, deployment, maintenance, and retirement. An important part of IT asset management is applying processes across all life cycle stages to understand the total cost. Of ownership and optimize the use of assets.
At OceanTech it is our mission to become the most trusted ITAD partner in the marketplace. We provide environmentally friendly, liability -free electronic recycling and asset management services. Our processes. Are. Designed. To bring value back to our clients and reduce the amount of equipment entering the waste. Stream.